Two previous MCCA graduates Mac Jenkins and Jet Liebke were selected for the U16 Australian schoolboy’s squad after strong performances in School Sports Association Male 15 & Under National Championships in Brisbane.
The best performing players in the carnival were chosen in the Cricket Australia Under 16 team to compete at next seasons Under 17 National Championships.
Mac Jenkins, a left arm spinner captained the NSW Green side to the title.
These boys are the epitome of what the Michael Clarke Cricket Academy is all about. Michael Clarke’s vision is to create a centre of excellence for young talented cricketers who want to take their game to the highest level. He believes the best way to achieve that is to show them how he prepares for his international games, both on and off the field. He has assembled a great coaching team to deliver his specially designed program in world-class facilities.
The clinics are unlike no others, where the kids get one-on-one coaching sessions with Michael during the camps. Other benefits of attending the MCCA clinic include:
- A full MCCA uniform including T-Shirt, Shorts, Hat, Tracksuit Jacket, Tracksuit Pants and Asics Shoes
- A new Spartan kit, including pads, bat and gloves
- A full physio assessment using state of the art technology
- All meals and five nights accommodation in a private room (Females & Males Over 15) or in a shared room (Males Under 15)
- Presentations from Physiotherapists, Nutritionists, and Sports Psychologists
- A guided tour of the SCG, including the player’s areas
- Written reports on all technical and physical aspects of your game
These inclusions set the participants up for the intensive week of high-quality training allowing them to develop the skills needed to go further with their cricket just as these boys have done by being selected in this prestigious squad.