My vision for the Michael Clarke Cricket Academy is to create a centre of excellence for young talented cricketers who want to take their game to the highest level.
I believe this is the best way to show them how I prepared for international games, both on and off the field. I have assembled a prestigious coaching team to deliver my specially designed program at world-class facilities.
I will personally attend the Academy and be a part of many of the training sessions alongside the other coaches.
I know about the standards of behaviour required of professional athletes off the field. The Academy will include evening sessions on life skills including player conduct, media training, and public speaking.
And the Academy is also about fostering the spirit of the game by building links between young cricketers from all nations. MCCA graduates will join a network of alumni which will meet regularly at events and through the MCCA website.
When a young boy or girl attends one of my 5-day live in camps, they will receive the following:
- 5 Days of specialised training at world-class facilities
- One-on-one coaching with me
- A full MCCA uniform including T-Shirt, Shorts, Hat, Tracksuit Jacket, Tracksuit Pants and Asics Shoes
- A new Spartan kit, including pads, bat and gloves
- A full biometric physio assessment using state of the art technology
- All meals and five nights accommodation
- Presentations from Physiotherapists, Nutritionists, and Sports Psychologists
- A guided tour of the SCG, including the player’s’ areas
- Written reports on all technical and physical aspects of your game